Can You Keep A Secret?

Posted by Amanda on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.

I'm surprising Jeffry & Sadie with a trip to NOLA in two weeks to see their favorite show live - Yo Gabba Gabba.


The obsession began when they were just over a year old - at the time, Nick Jr. was showing YGG episodes every morning at 7am and 730am, which timed perfectly with getting ready to go to work.  They would eat breakfast and watch the show while I got ready for work, which helped our morning routine go smoothly.

When they turned two, their birthday party theme was YGG, complete with handmade decorations and a perfectly decorated cake with all of the characters.  They talked for weeks about their "Gabba Party" and carried around the plastic cake decorations in their pockets.  I was planning on their main present being tickets to Yo Gabba Gabba Live, but the show quickly sold out.



Nick Jr. aired a special showing of one of the first live shows that I DVR'd for them to watch, and it became their favorite thing to watch each evening - they knew every song, every dance, and could imitate Biz's Beat of the Day perfectly.

A few weeks ago a fellow MoM, Jenny, posted about her experience with Yo Gabba Gabba Live here.  After seeing how much her triplets loved the show, I checked their website to see if they would happen to be in our area again.  I knew it would be a long shot, but I was ecstatic to see that the show was coming back to NOLA in March!

I said a quick prayer that tickets may still be available - and they were!  The venue is a smaller theater, and I was able to score great seats.  I decided to keep it a secret from the kiddos - I plan to keep them out of daycare that day and head to NOLA with them and my mom for the show after lunch.  I won't lie, I think I may be more excited for them than they will be when they find out where they are going!

I plan to make shirts like Jenny did, and follow some of her tips on souveniers and snacks.  

I. can. not. wait!


~ Amanda

No Responses to Can You Keep A Secret?

Leave a Reply