Editing Pics On The Go

Posted by Amanda on Friday, March 1, 2013.

I am known for taking a zillion pics of the kiddos and leaving them on my memory card.  The only time I pull out the laptop to edit pics is when I need one for something, like Christmas cards or for one of Sadie's pageants.

When I got my new iPad, I bought an SD card reader to connect to it, thinking it would be an easy way to dump images and browse through them quickly.  I found an Adobe PhotoShop Express app in the app store and downloaded it, thinking it would probably be marginally better than Instagram.

I was pleasantly surprised!  I can now adjust my exposure, saturation, and contrast with a flick of the finger.  I can also sharpen images, crop, and reduce noise as well.  I printed out a few test prints locally to check the quality - I wouldn't use the app for enlargements or wall-hangers, but for snapshots and 5x7 prints, they are of pretty decent quality.

Adobe PhotoShop Express is a free app - there is a newer version called Adobe PhotoShop Touch that I plan to download and play around with soon.

Here's a few side by side comparisons of the SOOC (straight out of camera) and PS app edited pics:



So give it a try, and let me know what you think!

~ Amanda

No Responses to Editing Pics On The Go

Leave a Reply